Avaialble from Acrodyne , Beck’s new compact rotary actuator is an evolutionary design that combines the performance, reliability and control advantages of Beck actuators with an extremely efficient and flexible form factor.
The design is smaller and lighter than the Group 11 and more robust than the Group 31. It also incorporates technologies that allow for an optional high temperature version rated for 250˚F (120˚C). This far exceeds Beck’s standard ratings of 185˚F (85˚C) for the Group 11 and 150˚F for the Group 31.
The high temperature capabilities and efficient, flexible packaging make the Group 75 ideal for spacerestricted, hot environments typical of boiler windbox applications. It is also well suited to small rotary valve applications in tight spaces.
The new actuator shares electronics and firmware with existing Beck products. This interchangeability of electronics keeps critical spare parts common with existing Beck actuators.
It also means that all the latest Beck configuration, setup and diagnostic features are available as well. These features include:
- Fast, easy setup and calibration without mechanical adjustments.
- Simplified troubleshooting with comprehensive diagnostics available.
- Compatibility with asset management systems.
- HART, Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus PA interfaces available.
- Actuator diagnostics and operating statistics via HART or serial interface.
- Local pushbutton/LED interface for quick setup and error checking without the need for external interfaces or devices.
- Drive configuration and calibration are restorable to as-built factory setting.
- Configurable drive stall protection
Mounts in any orientation without restrictions
- Removable mounting feet can be attached in two planes - horizontal or vertical.
- Actuator face is machined for direct coupling to shaft and easy retrofit of existing Beck Group 11 or Group 31 actuators.
- The integral electronics compartment can be easily removed and remotely mounted if desired for heat, space or access considerations.