Acrodyne introduces a new line of heavy duty scotch-yoke pneumatic actuators designed for use in chemical, refining, oil and gas as well as general industrial applications.
The Automax RG Series pneumatic actuators are designed to optimise plant and personnel safety through compliance with IEC 61508 (Functional Safety Related Systems) and Safety Integrity Level 3, offering an extended lifecycle and reduced maintenance requirements.
The Automax RG Series pneumatic actuators are suitable for use in quarter-turn automation duties for ball, plug and butterfly valves, and rotary dampers in various industrial applications. The actuator’s IP67M (temporary submersion) rating and marine-grade epoxy surface treatment provide maximum integrity in harsh corrosive atmospheres such as offshore installations.
Key features of Automax RG Series scotch-yoke pneumatic actuators:
- Modular design with independent modules for the body, pneumatic and spring segments reduces product modification and installation costs
- Pneumatic and spring modules can be changed onsite to modify torque output and fail rotation direction, eliminating the need for a new actuator
- IP67M (temporary submersion) rating and marine-grade epoxy surface treatment help withstand harsh environments
- Manual overrides can be added for spring-return or double-acting operation using pull-to-compress spring module
- Pressure module piston incorporates dual-wear bands providing a forward wiping action to extend the life of dynamic squad seals
- Honed and hard-chrome plated sealing and load bearing surfaces inside the pressure and torque module reduces surface wear and increases corrosion resistance
- Hard-chrome plated steel guide bar provides optimal support of transverse loads
- Aluminium bronze slider blocks couple the yoke to minimise contact stress and ensure high cycle life
- New design reduces weight and end-to-end length by 20% over previous models
- Expanded torque output range of 248,566Nm
- Availability of 100+ output torque profiles enhances valve automation selection, reducing overall weight, size and cost
- Conforms to global mounting and accessory mounting standards including ISO 5211 valve interface with MSS option and NAMUR VDI/VDE 3845