Available in a large variety of sizes and configurations, the ASB series of bevel gearboxes is capable of driving various valves with operating torques ranging from just 220Nm all the way up to 42,000Nm. Additionally, the largest model has a massive thrust capacity of up to 5450kN, making it ideal for industrial valve applications requiring high torque and thrust loads.
Acro-Gears bevel gearboxes are designed to suit almost any application requiring a rugged, multi-turn box capable of being operated via a manual handwheel or an electric actuator.
Key features of Acro-Gears ASB series bevel gear actuators:
- Standard enclosure rating of IP67 (-20ºC to 120ºC) with optional IP68 (-40ºC to 400ºC)
- Completely O-ring sealed with the base and end cap sealed by a non-asbestos waterproof gasket to prevent leakage
- External castings made from ductile iron to provide high strength and excellent impact resistance
- Unique top entry stem nut system ensures easy removal or replacement of the drive nut without removing the gearbox
- High strength aluminium bronze used in the stem nut provides excellent corrosion and abrasion resistance
- Dual locking nuts provide a jam effect for positive locking
- Precision cut bevel pinions fully supported on deep groove ball bearings to provide excellent radial and axial support
- Self-aligning radial and thrust spherical roller bearings provide anti-friction capacity