Offering both manual and motorised operation, Acro-Gears ASB Series worm gear actuators suit heavy duty industrial valve applications. The heavy duty actuators are available with single, double and triple reduction input spur gears for reduced user effort and output torque ranging from 300Nm to over 500,000Nm.
Acro-Gears worm gearboxes are designed to suit almost any application requiring a rugged, quarter-turn box capable of being operated via a manual handwheel or an electric actuator.
All external castings are made from class 65-45-12 ductile iron, featuring a tensile strength of 65,000 psi to provide high strength and excellent impact resistance. The worm gear itself can be supplied in grade 80-55-06 ductile iron suitable for most applications or high quality aluminium bronze for motorised applications requiring modulating duty.
Acrodyne offers a wide range of factory approved options to provide customised Acro-Gears worm gear actuators that suit specific applications. All models of the ASB Series of gear actuators are customisable with options such as vertical and other input shaft arrangements, 135º, 180º and 360º worm gears for extended travel, input shaft locking devices and chain wheels.
Customisation options also include a floor mounted assembly to house the gearbox for lever-arm and crank operation for simple integration with all types of dampers and rotating equipment.
Key features of Acro-Gears worm gear actuators:
- Removable splined drive bushings allow accurate positioning between the gear drive and the valve shaft
- Internal section of the gearbox is splined to accept splined bushings
- Drive sleeve furnished with hardened steel thrust washers above and below to minimise frictional losses between worm gear and ductile iron castings
- Worm made from 4140 heat treated steel with ground and polished worm threads
- O-ring and heavy duty gasket sealing supplied as standard for enclosure rating of IP68
- All models suitable for buried or submersible service