Available in a wide range of sizes and configurations, the ASB series bevel gearboxes are capable of driving various valves with operating torques ranging from just 220Nm all the way up to 42,000Nm.
For additional versatility, the ASB series can be assembled with ‘No-Lost-Motion’ or ‘Lost Motion’ output drive arrangements, which provide a gap between the bevel gear and the drive sleeve enabling a momentary impact to assist with unseating sticky valves.
The no-lost motion configuration is preferred for electric actuators having positioning control capability, whereas the lost motion is ideal for unseating valves via manual operation and for electric actuators operating wedge gates and globe valves.
Acro-Gears bevel gearboxes are designed to suit almost any application requiring a rugged, multi-turn box capable of being operated via a manual handwheel or an electric actuator.
Key features of Acro-Gears ASB series bevel gear actuators:
- Designed for heavy duty gate, globe and sluice gate valve operation
- Also available with a twin shaft option, providing two input shafts: primary and secondary
- Low speeds occur at the secondary input, providing maximum mechanical advantage for seating and unseating of valves
- High speeds occur at the primary valve, allowing for less turns after the valve has been unseated
- Industry standard clockwise input/output direction provided
- Counter-clockwise operation available upon request
- Integrated dial indicators displaying local position from 0% (close) to 100% (open) supplied on request
Acro-Gears ASB series bevel gear actuators are available optionally with modifications that allow the gear actuators to be buried, submersed, withstand radiation, and be suitable for use in areas with unusually high or low temperatures. The gear ratio and specifications of the flange can also be modified to request.