Accuweigh recently commissioned a relocatable steel deck weighbridge for weighing trucks entering and leaving Cardboard King’s recycling facility at Ingleburn in Sydney’s south.
Supplied by Accuweigh’s Newcastle branch, the steel deck weighbridge is designed for easy relocation in the event the client moves to larger premises in the future.
Measuring 12m in length, the relocatable steel deck weighbridge at Cardboard King was installed into a pit with the weighing deck at ground level for easy truck access. The pit mounting also eliminated the need for access ramps, which could have obstructed other traffic movements if this weighbridge was installed above ground.
Key features of Accuweigh’s relocatable steel deck weighbridges:
- Can be cost effectively relocated due to their modular construction that allows easy assembly/disassembly on site
- Portable weighbridges can be used in above ground installs on existing concrete hardstands without requiring expensive civil works
- Exceptional strength and durability with centre block assemblies used to join the weighbridge sections together also containing the load cell mounting hardware
- Weighbridge joins are positioned at the loading bearing points to minimise deflection of the weighbridge decks under load
- Design eliminates need for expensive oversize structural steel beams