Industrial scales for weighing treated by-product, provided by Accuweigh , were recently installed at Gold Coast Water’s Pimpama plant. These industrial scales play an important part in the treatment process by not only tracking the volumes of waste product generated but also ensuring that the trucks removing the waste is not overloaded.
The sludge is fed into the 120t capacity industrial scales by dual conveyors. This is followed by emptying of the sludge using an auger or conveyor combination from the industrial scales into waiting trucks, which is then delivered free of charge to local market gardeners for rejuvenating the soil.
Industrial scales are supplied in conjunction with:
- 6 x AccuCell heavy duty industrial load cells of 30t capacity
- Galvanised load cell mounting hardware
- 316 stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers
- Rinstrum R5000 digital weight indicators with analog and serial outputs
- Printer for recording all weighing transactions
- Summing boxes for load cell cable terminations
- Custom stainless steel mounting cabinet