The QWM branch of Accuweigh Weighbridges and Onboard Truck Scales has recently installed an unmanned weighbridge package at the JJ Richard’s plant at Stapylton in the south of Brisbane. The unmanned weighbridge enables deliveries of refuse both day and night without the necessity of a weighbridge operator.
QWM’s unmanned weighbridge is 28m long by 3m wide and fitted with two Driver Control Stations (DCS) positioned in vandal proof enclosures. One DCS is fitted at either end of the unmanned weighbridge to enable incoming and outgoing traffic to pass over the weighbridge.
The unmanned weighbridge features various control systems to monitor the weighing processes, ensuring the acquired weight readings from the unmanned weighbridge are not able to be falsified in any way:
- Automatic ticket printer issues a weight docket for all trucks exiting the weighbridge
- Dallas Tag Readers capture all relevant details before trucks enter or leave the weighbridge
- External Weighbridge Remote Displays are fitted to each end of the weighbridge to display the weight of the trucks to the drivers
- Photo Electric Switches are fitted at both ends of the weighbridge to ensure trucks are correctly positioned during the weighing processes.
- Traffic lights control truck movements over the weighbridge.