A setpoint controller from Accuweigh was recently installed for a bag-in-box filling application at Gourmet Garden’s Palmwoods factory on QLD’s Sunshine Coast. The herbs and spices are presented to the filling nozzle in a paste consistency with the setpoint controller regulating the weight of product packed into each bag-in-box.
Accuweigh’s Salisbury branch in Brisbane’s south fitted a Rinstrum 5100 Intelligent Setpoint Controller to a scale base positioned under the overhead filling nozzles. This bag-in-box filling operation is a semi-automatic operation which required the operator to connect each bag-in-box to the filling nozzle before initiating the start button on the setpoint controller.
Features of the set point controller include:
- The setpoint controller tares the scale display to offset the weight of the bag and box and then initiates the filling process with the scale display showing a net weight reading
- The setpoint controller uses a dual stage filling speeds for increased filling accuracy while maintaining fast throughput
- The Rinstrum 5100 setpoint controller has hundreds of selectable parameters to ensure fast, accurate and consistent bag-in-box filling can be achieved at minimum cost
- Full batch reporting is standard in the 5100 setpoint controller with a complete log of all filling transactions, achieved filling weights, number of bags
- The log of filling transactions can simply be displayed or printed using the standard RS-232 serial ports