Flush Deck weighbridge overcomes space restrictions at Port Adelaide Wharf.
Accuweigh ’s Adelaide branch recently installed a weighbridge fitted flush with the surrounding concrete hardstand for easier access by longer trucks at the new Interfert facility inside the limited confines at the old wool stores site.
Special conditions included:
- The weighbridge to be flush with the surround
- Extra strengthening of the sides of the weighbridge deck to allow trucks to turn on/off without causing damage
- Four week timeframe, start to finish
A couple of surprises encountered during the excavations were:
- Concrete piers of the original building were directly under the proposed weighbridge position
- A network of tunnels probably leftover from the war years
These unforeseen problems were swiftly overcome by using a large rock-breaking machine to break down the pylons and then filling in the tunnels, but the extra 3-4 days did cause some concerns with the tight schedule. A high strength concrete was used to cure the deck in record time to keep the project on schedule.
The 26 metre single deck weighbridge is fitted with 8 x Avery T302 stainless steel loadcells connected to a Rinstrum R5000 digital weight indicator.
A Rinstrum D740 large digit remote display is positioned to allow the truck drivers to also see their truck’s weight readings.
The entire project was completed within the 4 weeks as required.