The Newcastle branch of Accuweigh recently commissioned an onboard skip weighing system for a hook truck owned by Cox Bros Timber and Landscaping Supplies based in Newcastle’s Heddon Greta.
The onboard skip weighing system is used to check the weight of materials being delivered to clients as well as ensuring the truck is loaded within legal weight limits.
Trucks fitted with onboard skip weighing systems can be operated as either a hook truck or as a flat bed due to the design of the conversion performed by Newcastle Hiab:
- As a hook truck, the large industrial skip bins are dragged directly onto load cells which are mounted on the truck chassis to weigh the bin and its contents
- For supplies needing a flat surface for loading / unloading by forklift or crane, a flat top is positioned onto the onboard load cells to allow all products on the flat top to be weighed.
- A Tally roll printer with duplicate ticket copies records all weighing activities
- PM Onboard 1155 Digital Weight Indicator
- PM Onboard 30945 heavy duty load cells designed for heavy shock loadings