Accuweigh Load Cells, Industrial Scales and Weighing Systems’ QWM branch recently supplied industrial scales for fitting to three silos at Cement Australia’s Gladstone plant. The industrial scales are used to accurately track the volumes of cement being stored in each silo.
Heavy capacity Schenck RTN load cells were supplied due to their high accuracy and durability in heavy-duty weighing applications and are available in legal for trade models.
Schenck RTN load cells are full stainless steel and hermetically sealed to IP68 and are suitable for industrial scale applications due to their torsion ring design which is resilient to weighing errors caused by side forces such as strong winds.
The largest silo has a capacity of 700t. Supplied equipment to Cement Australia included:
- 700t silo weighing equipment – Capacities 700t, 250t and 150t
- 3 x Schenck RTN330t load cells and VEN Elastomer mounts
- 3 x Schenck RTN100t load cells and VKN compact mounts
- 3 x Schenck RTN68t load cells and VKN compact mounts
- 3 x R5000 indicator in mild steel enclosure with viewing window