Due to severe space limitations that would not permit the installation of a full length weighbridge, Accuweigh's Newcastle branch recently commissioned an in-motion axle weighbridge at Orica's Bayswater site.
The Orica Explosives site presented our Newcastle branch with an interesting set of problems:
- How to weigh trucks in an area not large enough to fit a weighbridge
- Must be cost effective with good weighing accuracy
- Needs to be of portable design without incurring huge re-installation costs
- Must be capable of trade approval for gross vehicle weights.
Accuweigh’s Newcastle Branch Manager, Mark Mitchell, personally inspected the site and reviewed their requirements before deciding to offer an Accuweigh In-Motion Axle Weighbridge because of the following reasons:
- Minimal civil works; shallow pit with short 4m approach/departure pads
- Accuracy is consistently within 100kg per 42t+ overall truck weights
- Trucks do not stop for weighing; 10-15KPH is the recommended speed
- Automatic Data Logger fitted for uploading truck weights to site PC
- Drivers get printouts of individual axle weights to ensure correct loadings
The Accuweigh in-Motion Axle Weighbridge is versatile and is also ideal for use in busy quarry operations for pre-weighing trucks in the loading area to ensure maximum legal loadings are achieved prior to weighing out on a certified weighbridge.
Orica is an Australian-owned, publicly-listed global company whose products and services impact on every part of modern life. This Bayswater site supplies liquid explosive to coal mines in the Hunter Valley and the trucks must be loaded with exactly the correct weight of explosives as required for each mine site.