AWMA designs, manufactures and installs Aquator automated irrigation - allowing all irrigation functions to be monitored and controlled from a PC.
Aquator is a comprehensive SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) program designed specifically for irrigators on flood irrigation, broad acre, viticulture, and horticulture farms.
Aquator can be used for operations such as:
* Opening and closing bay outlets and channel stops.
* Controlling both electric and diesel pumps.
* Monitoring water levels, water flows and soil moisture.
Radio signals are sent from the personal computer to an individual control module in the field. The field module then activates a controlling device (such as an actuator on a bay outlet or a relay for a pump start) to operate the irrigation outlet. Actuators may be fitted to any type of bay outlet or regulator.
Irrigation schedules are easily established using the Aquator control software. It is possible to set up as many schedules as required and run multiple schedules at once. Alterations can be made at any time, even when in operation.
The Aquator software is complex in its ability to control and monitor applications on a wide range of farms, however it does not require computer experience. Future software developments will be supplied free of charge, ensuring that farms using Aquator will always be at the forefront of automation technology.
During an irrigation schedule, Aquator is programmed to control watering on a time basis. However, as Aquator also monitors the supply flow through the metered outlet, it will automatically adjust bay open and closure times to compensate for any fluctuations in the supply channel.
This effectively makes Aquator a volume control system which eliminates the problems inherent with a straight time-based system. All operations are monitored and alarmed through a telephone dialler for total peace of mind.
Features and benefits include:
* Easy to use (no computer experience required).
* Monitors volume of water used as well as time taken, in total and per section.
* Access Aquator from a remote computer, over a telephone line in any town or state.
* Control pumps, doors, valves, or anything that can be switched on / off or manually opened and closed.
* Can be used to remotely monitor level, flow, pH, temperature, moisture and more.
* All operations are monitored and alarmed through a telephone dialler for total peace of mind.
* Extremely low maintenance costs -- no pipes or external cable.
* Can be economically expanded and upgraded over time.
* Software easily updated, free of charge.
* Printing of schedules and graphed water use history readily available.
* Allows more efficient use of water - reduces water usage.
* Allows better irrigation techniques - improved pasture.
* Reduced salinity.
* Reduced motorbike and vehicle costs.
* Reduces injury potential.