The Furphy cart was invented by John Furphy and was first made in the early 1880’s in Shepparton Victoria. With no other product around similar, the carts were sold throughout Australia, and also used to cart water between camps during the First World War.
A.W. Bell Australia is now producing a miniature version of the cart which is produced using the Investment casting process. The detail of the writing on the tank ends, lid and wheels is truly amazing.
Approximate dimensions are 430mm long x 190mm high x 160mm wide.