FDM Plastic Prototyping is available from A.W.Bell.
Key benefits of FDM Plastic Prototyping:
- Multiple end-use materials including ABS, PC-ABS Polycarbonate and Polycarbonate-ISO.
- Parts are dimensionally stable in end-use conditions.
- Parts up to 80% the strength of injection-moldings.
- Basic build envelope of 355 x 254 x 254mm does not limit part size as multiple parts can be precision joined with guaranteed structural and dimensional integrity.
- Removes the need for tooling on limited runs of small or large components.
- Master patterns can be produced as a base for silicon molds or hard-tooling allowing replication of components as waxpatterns for investment casting.
- Sand-casting patterns can be produced that retain strength and remain dimensionally stable between part runs.
- Competitive speed with water soluble support structures.