ASD Technology have announced the release of the new model 0310-814 GPS-AJ antenna. The model 031-814 GPS-AJ antenna is of a rugged, lightweight annular patch design. The GPS-AJ antenna’s radiation pattern has a deep null at the horizon. This greatly reduces the susceptibility of the GPS system to interfering terrestrial signals. Field trials have been conducted to demonstrate this feature.
The GPS-AJ antenna consists of an aluminum disk and a lexan polycarbonate radome which houses the patch element. The GPS-AJ antenna is fully sealed and has been immersion tested, has successfully passed drop-tests onto concrete and has an exterior finish in matte sandstone paint. The RF port is a right-angle 50. An SMA jack is located under the center of the GPS-AJ antenna with a provision for an RF cable stress-relief clamp.
Specifications of the GPS-AJ antenna are:
- Frequency Range - 1,575 MHz +/- 10 MHz (L1)
- Polarization - RHCP
- Peak Gain @ Zenith - 8dBic minimum
- Axial Ratio @ Zenith - 2 dB maximum at L1
- RHCP: -20 dB minimum
- Vertical: -20 dB minimum
- Horizontal: -18 dB minimum
- VSWR - 1.7:1 maximum
- Dimensions - 9 diameter and 1.52 high
- Weight - 10.4 ounces
- Sealing - Fully immersion sealed
- High temperature - tested at 71° C
- Drop test - three times to concrete from a height of 36 inches