A new Vortab brochure available from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration is recommended for plant, process and instrumentation engineers who want to learn more about flow conditioning devices to improve the performance, accuracy and repeatability of flow meters and other flow profile critical process equipment.
Vortab Company is a manufacturer of flow conditioners that combine proven swirl removal technology with a patented flow conditioning process to achieve a highly repeatable and efficient flow profile.
A pipe straight-run is required in flow meter and pump installations to overcome the swirl, asymmetrical flow profiles and otherwise unrepeatable flow created by elbows, pipe expanders or reducers, valves, dampeners and other disrupters in the process pipe. Finding or adding a suitable amount of straight-run to accommodate the flow meters, pumps and other critical components in process piping systems is often impractical or unfeasible.
Flow disturbances caused by irregular pipe runs, valves and other conditions often adversely affect the accuracy and repeatability of flow measurement and control instrumentation. Flow conditioners are a practical and cost-effective engineering solution to overcome this problem.
Vortab flow conditioners, available in various inline and insertion styles consist of a short section of swirl reduction tabs combined with multiple arrays of profile conditioning tabs with the design producing rapid cross-stream mixing, minimising swirl and velocity profile distortions, and producing a highly repeatable flow profile that is measurable across a broad flow range.
Vortab products are specified for use with, and successfully applied with a variety of flow meter technologies including differential pressure, turbine, vortex shedding, ultrasonic, thermal and magnetic flow meter technologies.
Key benefits of Vortab flow conditioners:
- Ensures flow instrumentation accuracy and repeatable performance for improved process control
- Very low pressure loss design
- Provides swirl-free, repeatable, conditioned flow profiles
- Ideal for use with critical process equipment including flow meter installations, pumps, compressors and control valves
- Open tab design is non-fouling and will not trap dirt, or be clogged by debris in the flow stream
- Used in air, gas and liquid applications
- Available in carbon steel, 316 stainless steel or Hastelloy C-276 construction
- Process connections include ANSI flanges, male NPT threads, butt welded preps or retaining wafers