The VIP (Vortab Insertion Panel) flow conditioner completely neutralizes flow profile irregularities caused by elbows, valves, blowers, compressors, and other flow disturbances that commonly occur in piping and duct runs and cause flow meter inaccuracies. The VIP provides a swirl-free, symmetric and repeatable flow profile that flow meters require for accurate measurement.
Model VIP flow conditioners marry the scientifically proven superior performance of Vortab tab-type flow conditioning technology with the installation ease and cost savings of an insertion panel design.
VIP is particularly effective with wide-turndown and/or low flow sensitive flow meter technologies (e.g. thermal dispersion) to provide a highly repeatable flow profile during laminar, transitional and turbulent flow conditions.
Applications for the VIP - Vortab Flow Conditioners:
- Process conditioning for control valves, blowers, compressors, burners and other critical process equipment
- Piping with inadequate straight-runs
- For pipe sizes larger than 50 mm
- FCI Endorsed for use with thermal dispersion gas mass flow meters
- Processes that require repeatable, symmetric and swirl-free velocity flow profiles
- Flow conditioning for calibration and/or test benches and flow meters