There are some pressure and differential pressure (DP) switching applications that are demanding due to the need for :
- High (or low) pressures
- High accuracy and repeatability
- Large (or small) switching differentials
- High frequency (many times a minute) switching operation
- Low frequency switching operation (once per year)
- Regular need to change switching pressures
These requirements may exceed the capabilities of conventional mechanical pressure switches and Smartstat was designed to overcome these problems.
- Smartstat ranges extend from 15 mBar up to 1000 bar
- Typical accuracy is 0.1%
- Two independent single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) relays are fitted in the Smartstat, the operating points of which can be set anywhere within the range. The switching differential can be set from 1 digit to 100.0% of range without loss of accuracy
- Being almost entirely solid state, the Smartstat can provide up to 100,000,000 switching operations whilst operating at up to 120 times per minute
- With a mechanical switch testing the operation regularly is the only way to ensure that it is operating correctly. With the Smartstat the continuous pressure display serves to indicate that the device is operating correctly and will switch when required
- Pushbutton calibration of switch setpoints can be carried out on site without additional test equipment or tools
In addition to its function as a high accuracy pressure switch the series 800 Smartstat also functions as a pressure transmitter and pressure indicator enabling significant cost savings as several instruments can be replaced with a single device.
The series 800 Smartstat is available from AMS Instrumentation & Calibration .