AMS Instrumentation and Calibration presents a range of cost-effective air/gas mass flow monitoring solutions from Fluid Components International (FCI) for gas compressor point-of-use measurement.
The rugged and highly reliable ST75 flow meter is designed for demanding process industry and manufacturing assembly plant environments.
Ideal for refineries and natural gas pipelines, refrigeration and air conditioning, manufacturing plants, welding operations as well as large engine turbochargers, the rugged ST75 flow meters deliver precision flow measurement while reducing the consumption of energy fuel gases, speciality gases and pneumatic air.
The precision flow element in these flow meters has a no-moving parts design that employs platinum RTD sensors embedded in equal mass thermowells with microprocessor electronics, which can be calibrated to laboratory standards for CO2 as well as many other gases.
The ST75 was developed with FCI’s proven thermal dispersion technology, providing direct-flow measurement for more accurate performance at a lower cost by eliminating the need for temperature sensors, flow computers or other devices that are required with orifice plates, Venturis, Vortex shedding, and other meters.
ST75 flow meters can be installed in large process industry facilities and assembly plants with multiple gas compressors to enable operators to compare compressor usage and adjust them for optimum efficiency. The use of mass flow meters at the point of compressed gas output additionally helps to ensure peak performance at a given flow rate.
Comparing the performance of multiple gas compressors is also useful in predictive maintenance applications where higher flow rates may indicate leaking valves or seals in one unit versus other units operating under similar conditions.
Key features of ST75 flow meters:
- Designed for line sizes from 6mm to 51mm, ideal for compressor gas line measurement
- Provides three unique outputs: mass flow rate, totalised flow and media temperature
- Media temperature compensation ensures performance under variable process and plant temperature conditions
- Offers accuracy to ±1% of reading and ±0.5% repeatability
- Precision flow element has a no-moving parts design
- Operates over a wide flow range from 0.01 to 950 NCMH depending on line size
- Well suited for low flow or high flow applications
- Factory preset to a wide turndown range at 10:1 to 100:1 for variable process conditions
- No-moving parts design ensures superior service life
- No orifices or inlets to clog or foul, significantly reducing scheduled maintenance and unplanned shutdowns
- Fully scalable 4-20mA and 0-10V outputs user assignable to flow rate and/or temperature and a 0-1kHz pulse output of total flow
- Instrument can be ordered for input power with either 18 to 36 Vdc or 85 to 265 Vac with or without a built-in LCD digital display
- Enclosed in a rugged, all-metal, dust- and water-resistant NEMA Type 4X (IP66) rated housing designed for hazardous area installations
- Manufactured with a rugged sensing element utilising all welded 316 stainless steel construction and Hastelloy-C tips
Approvals for the ST75 flow meters include Class 1, Div. I Groups B, C, D. Div. II Groups A-D, ATEX/IECEx Zone I, II 2 G Ex d IIC T6-T3, II 2 D Ex td A21, IP67 T90º- T300º (pending) as well as FM/CSA/CRN and CE Marked.