The field-proven, easy-to-use HART Communication Protocol represents the global standard for instrumentation communications, providing reliable two-way digital communication between intelligent field instruments and host systems without disturbing the integrity of the 4-20mA analogue signal. HART communications permit remote process variable interrogation, cyclical access to process data, parameter setting and diagnostics.
Featuring advanced electronics, FCI’s ST100 Series thermal flow meters set a new industry benchmark in process and plant air/gas flow measurement instrumentation. Designed to deliver superior flow sensing performance to meet plant gas flow measurement applications, the ST100 Series air/gas flow meter was developed to meet the specific requirements of instrument, process and plant engineers who wanted more comprehensive measurement information as well as the flexibility to adapt to future plant and process control technology.
In addition to the HART Communication Protocol, the ST100 is available with 4-20 mA analogue, frequency/pulse, alarm relays and additional digital bus communications including Fieldbus, Profibus and Modbus.
Key features of FCI’s ST100 Series air/gas flow meters:
- Stores up to five unique calibration groups to accommodate broad flow ranges, differing mixtures of the same gas and multiple gases
- Optional SpectraCal Gas Equivalency calibration method lets users select and switch between 10 common gases
- On-board data logger with easily accessible, removable 2GB micro-SD memory card capable of storing 21 million readings
- Unique graphical, multivariable, backlit LCD display/readout provides continuous display of all process measurements and alarm status
- Offers three different types of flow sensors to best match user applications
- Two core model families, ST and STP, with ST measuring mass flow and temperature, and STP measuring pressure
- Can be calibrated to measure virtually any process gas, including wet gas, mixed gases and dirty gases