AMS Instrumentation and Calibration introduces a range of cost-effective orifices and snubbers from NOSHOK.
NOSHOK’s orifices and snubbers are designed to protect expensive instrumentation from pulsation and pressure spikes by restricting the flow of rapidly increasing and decreasing pressures.
NOSHOK press-fit brass orifices or threaded 316 stainless steel orifices are available on all NOSHOK pressure gauges and most NOSHOK transducers.
Supplied standard with a 0.012" I.D or 0.032" I.D, these orifices don’t take up space, as they are inserted inside the NPT. The orifices are an economical solution for managing pressure fluctuations in dynamic applications.
NOSHOK also offers piston-type and sintered snubbers.
Key features of NOSHOK piston type snubbers:
- Resists clogging with a self-cleaning design
- Supplied with five different-sized pistons to ensure the correct amount of snubbing for virtually every application
- Available in brass and 316 stainless steel in 1/4" NPT, 1/2" NPT or 7/16-20 SAE-4
Key features of NOSHOK sintered snubbers:
- Increases gauge readability by smoothing out pressure surges, pulsations and spikes
- Eliminates instrument failure caused by pressure shock
- Snubbing action is achieved by utilising a corrosion-resistant 316 stainless steel sintered disc, held in place with a 316 stainless steel set screw
- Allows easy cleaning or replacement of the sintered disc by simply removing the set screw, replacing the disc and then re-inserting the set screw
- Eliminates the need to replace the entire unit if a new disc is required
- Built-in versatility greatly increases the snubber’s longevity, durability and dependability
- Five basic discs are available for each sintered snubber to accommodate specific application needs
- Exotic materials or intermediate disc grades are also available against specific orders
- Long service life with no moving parts to wear out