The DigitalFlow CTF878 clamp-on gas flowmeter from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration utilises a new technology called correlation tag (patented) to determine gas flow rate. The DigitalFlow CTF878 clamp-on gas flowmeter from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration utilises a new technology called correlation tag (patented) to determine gas flow rate.
Features of the clamp on gas flowmeters include:
- The CTF878 clamp-on gas flowmeters are used on plastic and metal pipes from 150 to 750 mm in diameter
- Accuracy on the clamp-on gas flowmeters is better than ±2 percent of reading—with repeatability of ±0.6 percent of reading. The turndown ratio is 43-to-1
- A complete system comprises the DigitalFlow CTF878 clamp on gas flowmeters electronics, two pairs of advanced clamp-on gas ultrasonic transducers, two preamplifiers for the receiving transducers and a clamping fixture to mount the transducers on the pipe
- The DigitalFlow CTF878 uses an ultrasonic signal pattern recognition technology, called correlation tag, for flow measurement
- Correlation tag technology utilises a total of four clamp-on transducers externally mounted on a pipe. The transducers are arranged in two pairs, one upstream and one downstream. Each pair includes one transmitter sending ultrasound in a continuous wave mode through the fluid to its receiver, forming an upstream and downstream interrogation path