Michell’s new S8000 RS chilled mirror hygrometers are designed to provide fundamental, dependable measurements in a range of industrial applications that require high precision of dry gas measurement as well as ease of use.
One of the smallest and lightest instruments on the market, the S8000 RS is capable of measuring dry dew points precisely to -90ºC (0.1ppmv) with no need for additional, external cooling equipment. Combined with its 0.1ºC accuracy, this also makes it a highly cost-effective and convenient hygrometer in its class.
Chilled mirror hygrometers have excellent accuracy and repeatability because they base their measurements on the actual formation of condensed water or frost on a mirror surface. The robust overall design and practical features make the S8000 RS reference hygrometer a multi-purpose tool for a wide range of applications in an industrial environment as well as for calibration facilities.
Key features of Michell’s S8000 RS chilled mirror hygrometers:
- Sophisticated new optical system detects very small changes in moisture condensed on the mirror surface
- High sensitivity and fast response when measuring low-dew points
- Available with UKAS and NIST accreditation
- High-contrast LCD touchscreen enables easy operation
- USB or Ethernet connections enable remote operation and data logging via a PC or network
- Robust design and practical features suitable for industrial applications
- Compact and light, and needs no additional cooling
Key applications for the S8000 RS chilled mirror hygrometers:
- Reference instrument for calibration laboratory
- Verifying the purity of industrial gases
- Ensuring the dryness of controlled industrial environments