Process and plant engineers, who need to monitor fugitive emissions from compressors, pressure relief valves, pumps and other gas flowing components, will find a highly reliable solution in FlexSwitch FLT93S flow switches from Fluid Components International (FCI), and available from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration .
FLT93S flow switches are an ideal plant preventative maintenance and safety tool. They help ensure gas flow system components are operating correctly. Gas flow process components are frequently installed with a flow switch to detect leaks of all kinds. For example, detection of a blown relief valve or one that has not seated properly is an ideal application for the FLT93S Switch. These FCI flow switches are a best available technology solution because of their ability to sense very low flow rates, to provide the earliest possible leak detection (verses less sensitive devices) and to avoid the potential damage caused by blowing seals at much higher velocities.
Features of the FLT93S flow switches include:
- The FLT93S flow switches are easy to install insertion-style instruments that include dual 6A relays, which are fully user settable for any HI, LO, HI/HI or LO/LO detection and trip scenario
- The flow switches operate over a wide gas flow sensitivity range from 0.08 to 37 SMPS. Accuracy is ±0.5 percent of reading or 0.06 NMPS. The standard FLT93S flow switches withstand operating temperatures from -40 to 177°C, and an optional configuration is available for temperatures from -73 to 454°C
- The full instrument has global agency approvals of FM, CSA, ATEX and IEC for hazardous, Ex environments and has SIL 2 compliance rating
- With its advanced thermal dispersion mass flow sensor, FLT93S flow switches feature built-in temperature compensation, which ensures repeatable and reliable operation, even in extreme environments, such as those found in the high temperature chemical refining and other process industries.
- The automatic compensation adjusts the instrument for changes in operating environment temperatures to ensure the trip points will remain accurate and will prevent false alarms or alarm failures to improve end-product quality, to maximize safety and to allow alarms to be set within a narrower set point range
- A wide selection of standard and custom process connections can be provided with FLT93S flow switches. The electronic control circuit can be integrally-mounted with the sensing element, or it can be located in a remote location
- The standard enclosure is a rugged aluminium alloy rated for NEMA 4X and IP66, with stainless steel or fibreglass enclosures optionally available