Available from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration , the future-ready ST100 Series thermal mass air/gas flow meters by Fluid Components International (FCI) are now presented in a remote mountable configuration, ideal for applications in hazardous areas or hard-to-reach locations.
The ST100’s remote mount transmitter with optional digital display can be mounted up to 300 metres away from the flow sensor using interconnecting cable. The ST100 flow meter continuously measures, displays and transmits an extensive array of parameters. Remote mount flow meters are ideal for equipment crowded plants or hazardous factory areas where combustible or toxic gases may be present near the transmitter’s electronics.
FCI’s ST100 remote mount flow meters offer feature- and function-rich electronics, setting a new industry benchmark for process and plant air/gas flow measurement instrumentation. Delivering superior flow sensing performance, ST100 flow meters meet plant gas flow measurement applications for today and tomorrow.
ST100 air gas flow meters were developed based on feedback from instrument, process and plant engineers, who wanted more comprehensive measurement information as well as the flexibility to adapt to future plant and process control technology.
ST100 flow meters come with a choice of three different flow sensors to meet user applications:
- Fast-response FPC-style sensor features an integral flow conditioner and protective shroud optimised for compressed air and clean gas applications
- Fast-response, general purpose FP-style sensor features a protective shroud and is used with FCI’s VeriCal in-situ calibration option
- Unshrouded S-style sensor facilitates easy cleaning and provides a smoothed response, making it ideal for wet/ dirty gases or erratic flows
Key features of FCI’s ST100 remote mount flow meters:
- Available with 4-20 mA analogue, frequency/pulse, alarm relays or digital bus communications (HART, Fieldbus, Profibus or Modbus)
- Unique graphical, multivariable, backlit LCD display/readout
- Display provides comprehensive information of process measurements, alarm status and the ability to interrogate for service diagnostics
- User-friendly and versatile
- Stores up to five unique calibration groups to accommodate broad flow ranges as well as differing mixtures of the same gas and multiple gases, obtaining up to 1000:1 turndown
- Optional, patent-pending SpectraCal Gas Equivalency calibration method lets users select and switch between 10 common gases
- Standard on-board data logger features a removable 2GB micro-SD memory card capable of storing 21 million readings
- Offers three different types of flow sensors to best match user applications
- Can be calibrated to measure virtually any process gas including dirty, wet and mixed gases
- Basic insertion style air/gas meter measures flow from 0.07 NMPS to 305 NMPS with accuracy of ±0.75% of reading, ±0.5% of full scale
- Designed for rugged industrial process and plant environments including service up to 454ºC
- Agency approved for hazardous environments, including the entire instrument, the transmitter and the rugged, NEMA 4X/IP67 rated enclosure