The revolutionary ST100 Series thermal mass flow meters available from Fluid Components International (FCI) set a new industry benchmark in process and plant air/gas flow measurement instrumentation.
FCI now offers these breakthrough ST100 Series flowmeters with its VeriCal in-situ calibration verification system, combining advanced measurement capability with the convenience of in-situ calibration verification to lower operating costs in flare gas applications aboard offshore platforms, land-based oil and gas facilities as well as chemical plants.
Flow meters in the past had to be pulled from the process, returned to the manufacturer or a calibration lab for testing and then shipped back for re-installation. The VeriCal in-situ calibration system enables the validation of flow meter calibration minus the labour intensive, costly and challenging process.
The system allows for the verification of flow meter calibration in minutes without removing the meter from the pipe or process, making it easy to meet process validation more effectively as well as comply with environmental regulation requirements.
FCI’s advanced VeriCal in-situ calibration system and the ST100 flow meter series are designed to comply with the US Minerals Management Service (MMS) mandate per final rule, 30 CFR Part 250, Subpart K, Section 250, stipulating that all domestic US offshore rigs processing more than an average of 2000 bopd must install flare/vent gas flow meters. These regulations are intended to protect the environment through the monitoring of greenhouse gases (GHG).
Designed for rugged industrial processes and plants, ST100 Series flow meters offer superior flow sensing performance, delivering excellent adaptability and value to meet plant gas flow measurement applications for today and the future.
Available in two models, ST and STP, ST meters measure both mass flow and temperature while the exclusive STP family adds the third parameter of pressure.
Key advantages of ST100 Series thermal mass flow meters:
- Continuously measures, displays and transmits an extensive array of parameters
- Supports 4-20 mA analogue, frequency/pulse, alarm relays or digital bus communications such as HART, Fieldbus, Profibus or Modbus
- Highly adaptable to meet changing plant requirements over time with a plug-in card replacement that can be changed in the field
- Unique graphical backlit LCD display/readout provides continuous display of all process measurements, alarm status and service diagnostics
- Stores up to five unique calibration groups to accommodate broad flow ranges, differing mixtures of the same gas and multiple gases
- Offers three different types of flow sensors to best match user applications
- Fast-response FPC-style features an integral flow conditioner and protective shroud optimised for compressed air and clean gas applications
- Unshrouded S-style facilitates easy cleaning and provides smoothed response for wet or dirty gases or erratic flows
- Can be calibrated to measure virtually any process gas including wet gas, mixed gases and dirty gases
- Thermal flow sensing element measures flow from 0.07 NMPS to 305 NMPS with accuracy of ±0.75% of reading, ±0.5% of full scale
- Includes service up to 454ºC and available with both integral and remote 300m electronics versions
- Agency approved for hazardous environments including the entire instrument, the transmitter and the NEMA 4X/IP67 rated enclosure