These approvals will meet the needs of engineers seeking a low-cost flow verification solution for process analyser sampling systems in hazardous plant environments. With FM and FMc approvals, the FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor is suitable for continuous flow verification applications that support process analyser sampling systems operating in hazardous plant areas anywhere in the world.
The FS10A’s FM and FMc approvals are: Nonincendive, Class I, Division 2 Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Division 2 Groups E, F, G; Class III T4@Ta=71ºC Type 4X. The FM and FMc approvals specify design criteria for flow meters and other electrically-powered instruments for use in areas where combustible gases may be present. These approvals provide the assurance that the instrument has been designed and tested to operate safely in these hazardous conditions.
Representing the next-generation, low-cost solution for continuously verifying flows within liquid or gas process analyser sampling systems, Model FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor is a small, lightweight instrument featuring superior low flow sensitivity, a relay alarm trip point, an analogue output and an RS232 interface. The FS10A’s advanced electronics and thermal dispersion flow sensing technology provide a superior overall solution to sampling system flow assurance. It is ideally suited for continuous monitoring of analyser sample flows to provide high integrity process analysis without interruption.
The FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor is designed for use with nearly all types of process and emissions sampling systems including gas chromatographs (GCs), mass spectrometers, optical spectrometers and photometers. The FS10A features advanced electronics packaged in rugged, fully-sealed aluminium housing. The electronics can be integral mounted with the sensor element in a uni-body configuration or remotely mounted for easy front panel display viewing.
In addition to FM and FMc approvals, FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor also has approvals for ATEX and IEC: G Ex nA IIC T4 Gc, II 3 D Ex tc IIIC T T81°C Dc, IP64; Ex nA and Ex t, Ex nA IIC T4 Gc, II 3 D Ex tc IIIC T81ºC Dc as well as the CE Mark.
Key features of FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor:
- Precision flow sensor element with no moving parts to foul, clog or maintain
- Designed for continuous reliability and virtually no maintenance
- No cavities, orifices or dead-legs that can trap fluids and lead to contaminated samples
- Preserves sample integrity and provides faster system sampling times
- Wetted parts are corrosion-resistant 316L stainless steel with Hastelloy-C22 sensor tips
- Standard configurations accommodate 1/8, ¼, 3/8 and ½ inch sampling tubes as well as an SP76 adapter
- Conforms to NeSSI Generation I and is prepped for Generation II and III compliance
- Operates over a wide flow range in air/gas from 10 cc/min to 100,000 cc/min, and in water/liquids from 0.70 cc/min to 750.00 cc/min
- Top-mounted, 10 LED array and two pressure-sensitive button touch controls
- Available with a 1A relay settable for NO or NC operation, with user-programmable switch settings for failsafe, trip control of hysteresis and time delay