The rugged ST75 flow meter from Fluid Components International (FCI) is designed as a cost-effective air/gas mass flow monitoring solution for demanding process and manufacturing environments.
Ideal for engineers and technicians who rely on point-of-use gas compressor measurement, the ST75 air/gas mass flow meters deliver precision flow measurement while reducing the consumption of energy fuel gases, speciality gases and pneumatic air. The flow meters are ideal for manufacturing plants, refineries and natural gas pipelines, refrigeration and air conditioning, welding operations as well as large engine turbochargers.
Based on FCI’s proven thermal dispersion technology, the ST75 provides direct-flow measurement for more accurate performance at a lower cost. When installed in large process industry facilities and assembly plants with multiple gas compressors, ST75 flow meters allow operators to compare compressor usage and adjust them for optimum efficiencies. The use of mass flow meters at the point of compressed gas output also helps to ensure peak performance at a given flow rate.
Comparing the performance of multiple gas compressors is also useful in predictive maintenance applications where higher flow rates may indicate leaking valves or seals.
Designed specifically for demanding process industry and manufacturing assembly plant environments with its rugged and highly reliable proven performance, the ST75 flow meter is suitable for line sizes from 0.25 to 2.0 inches, which is ideal for compressor gas line measurement, with the three unique outputs comprising of mass flow rate, totalised flow and media temperature.
Its precision flow element has a no-moving parts design that employs platinum RTD sensors embedded in equal mass thermowells with microprocessor electronics, which can be calibrated to laboratory standards for CO2 as well as many other gases.
Key features of FCI ST75 air/gas flow meters:
- Media temperature compensation ensures reliable performance under variable process and plant temperature conditions
- Offers accuracy to ±1% of reading and ±0.5% repeatability
- Wide flow range from 0.01 to 950 NCMH allows functioning in both low flow and high flow applications
- Factory pre-set to a wide turndown range at 10:1 to 100:1 for variable process conditions
- Eliminates the need for temperature sensors, flow computers or other devices required with orifice plates, Venturis, Vortex shedding and other meters
- No-moving parts design ensures superior service life
- No orifices or inlets to clog or foul, significantly reducing scheduled maintenance and unplanned shutdowns
- Provides fully scalable 4-20mA and 0-10V outputs, user assignable to flow rate and/or temperature and a 0-1kHz pulse output of total flow
- Can be ordered for input power with 18 to 36 Vdc or 85 to 265 Vac
- Available with or without a built-in LCD digital display
- Enclosed in a rugged, all-metal, dust- and water-resistant NEMA Type 4X (IP66) rated package for hazardous area installations
- Rugged sensing element features all welded 316 stainless steel construction and Hastelloy-C tips