The future-ready ST100 Series thermal mass air/gas flow meter from Fluid Components International (FCI) has received ATEX and IECEx approvals.
Available in Australia from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration , the ST100 now offers customers the assurance of safe operation in potentially hazardous environments.
The ST100 flow meter has received ATEX and IECEx approval, and its enclosure is ATEX and IECEx certified as flame-proof and protected from dust ignition. The ST100’s ATEX and IECEx approvals are as follows: Ex d IIC T6/T1 Gb Ta = -40°C to +65°C; Ex tb IIIC T85°C/ T450°C Db Ta = -40°C to +65°C; IP67. These approvals specify design criteria for flow meters and other electrically-powered instruments for use in areas where combustible gases may be present.
Setting a new industry benchmark in process and plant air/gas flow measurement, the ST100 Series flow meter delivers excellent adaptability and value to meet plant gas flow measurement applications for today and tomorrow. The ST100 offers a solution for any requirement for 4-20 mA analogue, frequency/pulse, alarm relays or digital bus communications such as HART, Fieldbus, Profibus or Modbus.
Should a plant’s needs change over time or an upgrade is desirable, the ST100 flow meter adapts as necessary with a plug-in card replacement that can be changed out by plant technicians in the field.
Key features of FCI’s ST100 flow meters:
- Unique graphical, multivariable, backlit LCD display/readout
- Continuous display of all process measurements and alarm status, and the ability to interrogate for service diagnostics
- Stores up to five unique calibration groups to accommodate broad flow ranges, differing mixtures of the same gas and multiple gases, and obtains up to 1000:1 turndown
- Optional, patent-pending SpectraCal Gas Equivalency calibration method lets users select and switch between 10 common gases
- On-board data logger with an easily accessible, removable 2GB micro-SD memory card capable of storing 21 million readings
- Offers three different types of flow sensors: fast-response FPC-style, general purpose FP-style and S-style
- Two core model families: ST and STP with ST meters measuring both mass flow and temperature, and STP family adding a third parameter, pressure
- Can be calibrated to measure virtually any process gas, including wet gas, mixed gases and dirty gases
- Thermal flow sensing element measures flow from 0.07 NMPS to 305 NMPS with accuracy of ±0.75% of reading, ±0.5% of full scale