Model FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor from Fluid Components International (FCI) meets the requirements for Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 2 compliant service.
The SIL-2 compliance of the FS10A will meet the requirements of process or analytical instrumentation engineers looking for a flow verification solution for their process analyser sampling systems, and specifically when it is part of a safety instrumented system (SIS) process.
FCI’s SIL-2 compliance rating for the FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor has been documented in a failure analysis report with FMEDA techniques by the accredited certification body exida. The FS10A has been classified as a Type B subsystem in accordance with IEC 61508-1 with a hardware failure tolerance of 0. The average probability of failure on demand (PFD) and safe failure fraction (SFF) meets the requirements for SIL-2 compliance set forth in the standards.
The advanced Model FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor represents the best-in-class solution for continuously verifying flows within liquid or gas process analyser sampling systems. Featuring superior low flow sensitivity, a relay alarm trip point, an analogue output and an RS232 interface, the small, lightweight instrument provides an accurate, repeatable and superior overall solution for sampling system flow assurance thanks to the FS10A’s advanced electronics and thermal dispersion flow sensing technology.
The FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor is ideal for use with nearly all types of process and emissions sampling systems including gas chromatographs (GCs), mass spectrometers, optical spectrometers and photometers.
Key features of the FS10A analyser flow switch/monitor:
- Precision flow sensor element with no moving parts to foul, clog or maintain, ensuring continuous reliability and requiring virtually no maintenance
- No cavities, orifices or dead-legs that can trap fluids and lead to contaminated samples
- Preserves sample integrity and provides faster system sampling times
- Wetted parts are made from corrosion-resistant 316L stainless steel with Hastelloy-C22 sensor tips
- Standard configurations will accommodate standard 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 and ½-inch tubing as well as an SP76 adapter
- Conforms to NeSSI Generation I and is prepped for Generation II and III compliance, requiring only a single 1.5-x-1.5-inch SP76 base
- Operates over a wide flow range in air/gas from 10 cc/min to 100,000 cc/min, and in water/liquids from 0.70 cc/min to 750.00 cc/min depending on the tube size
- Advanced electronics packaged in fully-sealed aluminium housing, making it ideal for rugged plant environments
- Top-mounted ten-LED array and two pressure-sensitive buttons
- Agency approvals include FM, FMc, ATEX and IECEx for hazardous location installations