In 1950, Bellofram introduced the original rolling diaphragm for a wide variety of industries and applications. The performance of the rolling diaphragm depends on the preparation of materials. Raw materials are accepted after close scrutiny and absolute conformity to specifications. Elastomers are compounded with care, and then coded to ensure complete batch traceability. Reinforcing fabrics are woven or knitted to specifications developed by Bellofram. Meticulous preforming practices help to ensure a permanent, high-strength bond between elastomer and fabric. Bellofram elastomeric diaphragms are available from AMS Instrumentation and Calibration .
Following are the custom designed diaphragms that include:
- Laminated elastomers to Teflon
- Insert moulding
- Non-fabric supported diaphragms
- Traditional fabric supported diaphragms for industries such as pumps, valves, actuators, regulators and R.O. systems. Custom designed diaphragms are also designed to meet the specific market needs in the areas of medical and pharmaceutical, aviation and aerospace, agricultural, water conservation and purification, automotive and marine and general industries.
Following are the design parameters for Bellofram diaphragms:
- Sizes from 1/4 inch to 32 inch diameter
- Elastomers for hostile environments
- Temperature ranges from -120°F to 600°F
- Fabrics for pressures up to 1000psi
Bellofram diaphragms use reinforcing fabrics that include:
- Knit fabrics are also available in polyester and Nomex
- Specialty coated fabrics