AMS Instrumentation and Calibration introduces the ST100 mass flow meters for gas flow measurement applications in chemical, electric power, food, oil and gas, water and wastewater treatment as well as mining and metals industries.
Manufactured by Fluid Components International (FCI), the ST100 Series thermal mass flow meters set a new industry benchmark in process and plant gas flow measurement instrumentation.
Combining superior flow sensing performance with industry-leading feature-rich and function-rich electronics, ST100 mass flow meters deliver superior adaptability and value to meet plant gas flow measurement applications in a future-proof design.
The advanced ST100 Series flow meters were developed based on extensive discussions with several instrument, process and plant engineers who wanted more comprehensive measurement information as well as the flexibility to adapt to plant and process control technology they might deploy in the future.
ST100 flow meters support conventional 4-20 mA analogue, frequency/pulse, alarm relays as well as advanced digital bus communications such as HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus or Modbus.
The ST100 offers three different types of flow sensors to best match user applications:
- FPC-style is a fast response sensor that features an integral, patent-pending flow conditioner and protective shroud optimised for compressed air and clean gas applications
- FP-style is a fast response, general purpose sensor with a protective shroud and is also used with FCI’s VeriCal in-situ calibration option
- Unshrouded S-style sensor facilitates easy cleaning and provides a smoothed response for applications with wet or dirty gases, or erratic flows
Key features and functions of ST100 Series mass flow meters:
- Capable of continuously measuring, displaying and transmitting extensive array of parameters
- Adapts as necessary to changing plant needs or upgrades with a plug-in card replacement that can be changed out by plant technicians in the field
- Sophisticated LCD display/readout with graphical, multivariable and backlit attributes
- LCD display provides comprehensive information with continuous display of all process measurements and alarm status with the ability to interrogate for service diagnostics
- Two core model families: The ST family measures mass flow and temperature while the STP family adds a third parameter for pressure
- Measures gas mass flow rate, total flow, temperature and pressure depending on the model family
- Can be calibrated to measure virtually any process gas, including wet gas, mixed gases and dirty gases
- Stores up to five unique calibration groups to accommodate broad flow ranges, differing mixtures of the same gas and multiple gases, and obtains up to 1000:1 turndown
- Optional, patent-pending SpectraCal Gas Equivalency calibration method lets users select and switch between 10 common gases
- On-board data logger with an easily accessible, removable 2GB micro-SD memory card capable of storing 21 million readings
- Basic insertion style air/gas meter features a thermal flow sensing element that measures flow from 0.07 NMPS to 305 NMPS with accuracy of ±0.75% of reading, ±0.5% of full scale
- Designed for rugged industrial process and plant applications, including service up to 454ºC
- Agency approved for hazardous environments