Epicor Software Corporation has made it to the 2011 InformationWeek 500 list of companies honoured for innovations in business technology.
Epicor is a global leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services organisations.
This marks the company’s second appearance on the InformationWeek 500, having made the 2010 list as Activant Solutions Inc., prior to the acquisition of both companies by Apax Partners in May 2011.
Epicor was recognised for ‘Project Cappella’, a large-scale upgrade project to migrate Epicor’s main enterprise web site infrastructures onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010. The project aimed to achieve better content management, increase collaboration and improve workflow processes by bringing Epicor’s extranet, intranet and Internet sites onto a common platform.
The single platform integration available in SharePoint 2010 has made a positive impact on Epicor, helping to drive a greater level of information exchange among its employees, customers and partners.
According to Andy Stameson, CIO and vice president of IT, real estate/facilities for Epicor, the company is utilising the latest in Microsoft SharePoint technology to build remarkable online resources that support all aspects of the company, and bring people, processes and information together in a meaningful way to provide great business value.
InformationWeek Editor In Chief Rob Preston comments that this year’s ranking placed special emphasis on high-octane business technology innovators who innovated faster than ever before to stay ahead of their customers, partners, and competitors.
Key benefits for Epicor from the migration to a single, service-enabled architecture:
- Helps the company accomplish its changing objectives on a forward-looking basis
- SharePoint’s new web publishing capabilities and BI tools allow an extensive array of tools and applications to be leveraged from one common platform
- Unified infrastructure allows Epicor to accomplish more with the same resources
- Out-of-the-box customisations allow business requirements to be addressed quickly and easily
- Centralised environment enables solutions to be deployed more rapidly for Epicor’s intranet, extranet and Internet sites