The Epicor iScala business solution was implemented at Cavotec Group, a multinational manufacturing company based in Alblasserdam, The Netherlands.
Cavotec Group is a global provider of innovative mobile power supply solutions for Ports & Maritime, Mining & Tunnelling, Steel & Aluminium, Energy & Offshore, Airports, and Automation sectors.
Cavotec operates seven manufacturing companies located in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Sweden in addition to 24 sales and service companies, serving more than 30 countries on five continents.
As a multinational company, Cavotec Group relied on multiple different local solutions across its offices to meet business management needs. The global expansion of the company however, made it imperative for Cavotec to adopt a single solution across all offices.
The company needed a versatile platform to meet the local requirements of each office, which was also easy to roll out and implement across their various sites.
Epicor iScala offered simplified business functionality alongside rapid implementation time. With the release of Epicor iScala 2.2, Cavotec has embarked on a project to create a regional database structure that will allow for more timely consolidated reports.
Cavotec is reaping benefits in both technical support and financial reporting with 80% of the organisation now running the same core applications and more business divisions upgrading on a weekly basis.
According to Leena Essén, Group Financial Director at Cavotec, a key reason for iScala’s selection was its multi-currency functionality, which helped the company’s global operations transact and create reports in different currencies.
The multi-language functionality of Epicor iScala is an advantage for the company for the same reasons as it involves making an enterprise-wide system meet individual local needs. iScala is available in the local languages of all of Cavotec’s office locations, alongside English, which is used as the base language.
Essén comments that Epicor iScala has helped Cavotec create a global solution, consolidating and refining their business processes for the benefit of localised operations and customers.
Cavotec has now decided to upgrade all of their 28 business units and divisions to iScala 2.2.
Key benefits of iScala 2.2 for Cavotec:
- Drop invoice and direct shipment functionality allows Cavotec to implement an improved centralised warehousing system, helping to increase bottom line turnover
- Allows restructuring of the backend databases to use regional methodology that reduces the number of remotely managed resources
- Fault finding, migration and maintenance assisted by the ability to quickly separate and reconnect iScala to different backend databases
- Standard template-based implementation allows rapid deployment worldwide with average implementation time of three days per site
- Reduced admin time thanks to single centrally managed system for collecting and processing invoices from all sites and from suppliers
- Centralised administration functions for remote sites reduce IT support costs for sites without local IT staff
- Centralised accounting procedure with high accuracy real-time reporting