Caddock’s Type USFS ultra-stable selected resistor sets available from AJ Distributors are designed for use in high voltage systems that demand high temperature stability. These selected resistor sets are manufactured with Caddock’s Tetrinox resistance film system.
The individual USF style resistors that form these ultra-stable selected resistor sets are individually characterised using automated data acquisition systems and then selected to form a set resistance with an absolute temperature coefficient (TC) of 2 ppm/°C maximum.
The low voltage coefficient (VC) of the USF370 and USF371 style resistors used in these selected resistor sets achieves excellent voltage stability over the operating voltage range.
Multiple USFS selected resistor sets can be used in series to form a string of resistors that achieves a higher total resistance and a higher voltage rating with 2 ppm/°C overall temperature coefficient.
Specifications for the selected resistor sets:
- Operating voltage: The continuous operating voltage for the set of resistors connected in series
- Number of resistors: The number of resistors in each selected resistor set, described by the Caddock part number
- Set resistance: The total resistance of the set of resistors connected in series
- Set tolerance: The tolerance of the set resistance, measured at low voltage (DC) at +23°C ±2°C
- Set TC: The temperature coefficient of the set resistance, measured at +10°C and +50°C, ref. to +25°C
- Set VC: The voltage coefficient of the set resistance, measured at 10% and 100% of the operating voltage
- Storage temperature range: -35°C to +85°C