Featuring an innovative pedestal terminal design for current sense in hybrid and SMT applications, Type CD precision chip resistors utilise the proven Caddock Micronox resistance films to achieve the unique low resistance range.
Type CD low resistance precision film resistors are available in Flip Chip (Style FC) and Wire Bond (Style WB) versions.
Style FC Flip Chip is a surface mount version with solderable pedestal terminals for flip chip soldering.
Style WB Wire Bond is a hybrid mountable version with copper pedestal terminals and an aluminium surface layer for wire bonding. The back surface of these devices is metallised for solder attachment of the chip resistor to a heat sinking substrate.
Key features of Type CD low resistance precision chip resistors:
- Resistance as low as 0.010 ohm at ±1%
- Pedestal terminals provide an ultra-low resistance connection pad that maintains the precision 0.010Ω ±1% at the point of customer Kelvin connection to the resistor chip
- Pedestal terminal with copper core also provides heat spreading, which enhances high power handling capability
- Thermal resistance optimises high power designs when higher thermal conductivity circuit board substrates such as IMS or alumina are used
- High pulse handling and overload capability
- Low inductance provides excellent high frequency and pulse response