Leading manufacturer of rugged embedded computers, MPL AG introduces a new embedded platform featuring 3rd generation Intel Core processors, designed and produced exclusively in Switzerland.
Called the PIP30 Family, the new platform is equipped with Intel CPUs from the Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge architecture in combination with the QM77 chipset. The solution has been ruggedized using Intel mobile CPUs while the processor, chipset and ECC DDR3 memory chips are soldered on-board, allowing them to be mounted directly to the housing for superior cooling.
The PIP30 Family has specifically been designed to withstand extreme environments.
Key features of the PIP30 Family embedded platform:
- Input is protected against reverse polarity and load dump
- Input power range starts from 9VDC up to 36VDC, optionally up to 48VDC
- Design allows an internal UPS system with battery to be added
- Galvanic separation can be added internally for marine or mining applications
- BIOS based on SecureCore Tiano by Phoenix Technologies
- Interfaces include four GigE ports, up to seven USB (3.0 and 2.0), up to four serial lines (RS232/485), PS/2, external SATA port, and external PCI-E port
- Two SATA 3.0 and two SATA 2.0 available internally
- 8GB ECC DDR3 memory; can be expanded up to 16GB
- Standard PIP housing as well as MIL housing or open-frame