AJ Distributors introduces the MPM20 Kool-Tab power film resistors from Caddock Electronics, featuring a ‘Pure Tin Free’ design for high performance applications.
Featuring a non-inductive design, MPM20 Kool-Tab power film resistors are constructed from Micronox resistance film fired onto a flat substrate, which is thermally bonded to the copper heat sink tab. The resistor body is then moulded to finish the TO-220 power package. The lead wire attachment and resistance element geometry are configured to provide excellent non-inductive performance, enabling the use of MPM20 Kool-Tab in high frequency communications, power switching circuits and snubbers.
The proven Micronox resistance film system is utilised in the widely accepted TO-220 power package to provide a compact 20-watt heat sink mountable resistor.
Key features of MPM20 Kool-Tab power film resistors:
- Up to 20-watt power rating at +25°C case temperature
- Resistance values as low as 0.020 ohm for current sense applications
- Non-inductive design
- Single screw mounting simplifies resistor attachment to the heat sink
- Low profile provides an easier fit in tight places
- Moulded case for environmental protection
- Resistor element electrically isolated from metal heat sink tab