AFC Group announces the release of the latest fusion splicer from Fujikura, the FSM-12S.
A global leader in fusion splicer technology, Fujikura has partnered with AFC in Australia to provide leading edge fibre optic splice equipment.
One of the world’s smallest fusion splicers, the lightweight Fujikura FSM-12S fusion splicer meets an increased demand for smaller and more economical fusion splicers driven by the continued growth in fibre optic communications and global deployment of FTTH, explained Michael Scarano, Senior Product Manager at AFC Group. The FSM-12S uses technology best suited to FTTH, telco and LAN installations.
Michael adds that the lightweight and compact FSM-12S has a long life battery providing technicians with 100 splice and heat cycles and ensuring ultimate portability for technicians. Delivering an average single mode splice loss of 0.018dB ensures excellent optical performance in a cost effective, lightweight cladding alignment fusion splicer.
Key features of Fujikura FSM-12S fusion splicers:
- Compact (121w x 162d x 57h mm) and lightweight (776g including battery)
- Average single mode splice loss 0.018dB
- Long life electrodes provide 3000 splices
- Long life battery provides 100 splice and heat cycles
- High contrast 11cm display
- Compatible with FuseConnect splice on connectors
- Supports 250um, 900um, 2mm, 3mm and drop cable fibre holders