Leading power and automation technology company, ABB Australia announces a new range of proven motor and gear unit packages designed to help robot integrators create custom solutions for workpiece positioners, robot carriers, track motions, servo guns and indexing conveyers.
The motor and gear units are designed to optimise cost-efficiency and performance, and to simplify integration and operation, providing freedom for system integrators to customise their own external axis solutions.
According to Olivier Coquerel, ABB’s general manager for Robotics, their motors, gears and cables in pre-engineered packages will help system integrators in Australia build their solutions by simplifying integration with ABB robots and robot controllers.
Olivier adds that these packages will help integrators save valuable time on projects. Easy integration is enabled since they are delivered with predefined CAD models and configuration files.
The pre-engineered motor and gear unit packages will benefit all phases of a project, including proposal, simulation, planning, engineering, purchasing, installation, commissioning and documentation.
Key features of the ABB’s motor and gear unit packages:
- Motor units come in four sizes, including a new extra-large motor (MU400) suitable for high-power applications such as turntables
- Gear units are available in the same seven versions currently built into ABB’s high-quality positioners, including MTD (for positioning) and MID (for interchange) units
- Standard motor and gear units have been well tested, and are designed to work perfectly with other ABB equipment
- Well-proven flexible cables simplify integration and prolong life expectancy
- Serial measurement boards, push buttons for brake release and axis selectors provided for greater safety and control
- Fully supported by the ABB Robotics global sales and service network in 53 countries
- RemoteService option can monitor error messages from units to ensure uptime of ABB robots systems, and immediate response in case of any unplanned stoppages
A new RobotWare software tool, TuneMaster will ensure that integrators building customised positioners can tune both motor and gear unit parameters in order to achieve improved motion performance in less time.