Introduced at the ABB Automation and Power World Australia 2012, the new Current Measurement System (CMS) is designed to measure power flow right at the protective device of the circuit, ensuring a transparent overview of all power consumption even in highly complex electronic systems.
Featuring compact current sensors only 18mm wide that mount directly onto the popular ABB System proM miniature circuit breakers or residual current devices, the CMS allows up to 64 sensors to be connected to a single control unit via a ribbon cable. This ability makes it possible to easily expand the system to 247 control units on a single Modbus system.
ABB’s new current measurement system is designed for user-friendly operation with one button on the sensor, a touch screen and a cable harness.
Key features of ABB’s new Current Measurement System:
- Highly expandable with simple wiring via Modbus
- Can be easily expanded to 247 control units on a single Modbus system
- Facilitates 15,808 measuring points on Modbus to suit the needs of even highly complex electronic systems
- Sensors provide high level performance with the convenience of a compact design
- CMS sensors can measure up to 80A true RMS in AC or DC currents at accuracy levels of less than 0.5% AC
- Each sensor equipped with its own microprocessor
- Sensor transmits the readings securely via the bus interface to the control unit