ABB Australia announces the availability of a new range of panel mounted robot controllers specially designed for integrating large robots.
Leading power and automation technology group, ABB now offers a panel-mounted variant for larger ABB robots, providing system integrators with easier and more flexible integration solutions.
The panel-mounted controller (PMC) enables compact and integrated solutions for large robots. Paolo Maggi, Product Specialist for ABB in Australia explains that the PMC is the same as the standard variant of the IRC5 controller, without the enclosure/cabinet for flexible mounting. The user gets the full IRC5 experience including superior TrueMove and QuickMove motion control.
ABB has been offering this type of controller for smaller robots, and has adapted it to suit the needs of system integrators by scaling the system up to most of ABB’s larger robots.
Key features of ABB’s panel mounted controllers:
- Consists of a drive module and a control module that can be separately mounted in multiple configurations
- Each module is made up of two layers with the first layer folded down for easy access to the second
- Up to four drive modules can be connected to the same control module for multiple robot control (MultiMove)
- Panel mounting reduces floor space requirement and makes internal cabling easier to manage
- Allows machine builders and integrators to create their own enclosures to protect electronics in various environments
The panel mounting design allows controllers to be sealed off from all of these factors with an appropriate enclosure. The fully EMC certified PMC controller does not cause disturbance to surrounding equipment.