Designed to be used in main switchboards, distribution boards and consumer units, the EQ meters provide a new solution for sub-metering.
Sub-metering refers to the measurement of power consumption to enable energy efficiency decisions and cost allocations of the electricity recorded by the utility meter at the delivery point. Key requirements for a sub-meter include fair cost allocation and distribution, reduction of electricity consumption, and optimisation of the electrical infrastructure.
ABB’s new EQ meters are designed to fit into enclosures according to the accepted DIN format, and can easily be integrated into a system for meter reading, conveniently fitting together with other products such as MCBs, RCDs and DIN profile products.
Backed by ABB's vast experience with electricity meters for DIN rail, the EQ meters come with a pedigree that offers state-of-the-art electronic design and guarantees high quality and durability.
Key features of ABB’s EQ electricity meters:
- Pixel oriented display ensures the information to be presented is clear and in an easily understood format
- Display is easy to navigate through pushbuttons on the front of the meter
- Instrumentation functions allow reading of active power, reactive power, current, voltage, harmonics, and more
- Equipped with an internal clock
- Handles up to four different tariffs
- Extensive calibration and verification at ABB accredited calibration laboratory
- Very low energy consumption
- Available in different versions, either direct connected or transformer connected