The 5th Annual Australian Mining Prospect Awards dinner is to be held on Wednesday, 22 October at Dockside in Sydney's Cockle Bay.
ABB Australia is again the sponsor of the award for Minerals Processing Plant of the Year category, which recognises environmental initiatives, high productivity and a commitment to safety, while celebrating excellence in innovative processes, new technologies and techniques.
Last year’s finalists included HIsmelt Rio Tinto, Alcoa’s Kwinana Refinery and Rio Tinto’s Hunter Valley Coal Preparation Plant. The plant recognised as the 2007 Minerals Processing Plant of the year was Alcoa’s Kwinana Refinery, who increased production and improved safety performance, achieving zero Lost Time Injuries in both 2005 and 2006.
The Prospect Awards also recognises excellence in another 13 categories including the following:
- Australian Mine of the Year
- Mine Manager of the Year
- Best Contract Miner of the Year
- Best Metalliferous Mine of the Year
- Excellence in Mine OH&S
- Excellence in Environmental Management
- Community Partnership of the Year
- Innovative Mining Solutions
- Explorer of the Year
- Coal Mine of the Year
- Most Outstanding Contribution to Mining
- Australian Mining Employer of Choice
- Trainee or Apprentice of the Year
Every finalist not only receives extended editorial coverage in the magazine but also a free ticket to the 5th Annual Australian Mining Prospect Awards dinner. Winners are further celebrated with a full page editorial in the Australian Mining magazine.