The TAP-2S tap density tester from A.L.P.E is designed for powder /granule tapping in compliance with USP, BP, and EP.
TAP-2S tap density tester is designed for USP methods I and II, and comes complete with interchangeable 100 ml and 250 ml glass cylinders and holders.
When in motion, the cylinder simultaneously taps and rotates, ensuring that the testing material is packed evenly throughout the cylinder and levelled with the cylinder surface for direct reading.
To operate the tap density tester, the user loads the powder or granules into the cylinder and places it on the platform.
The test time or number of taps is easily entered using the instruments keypad. The run parameters are clearly shown on the LED display in real time.
The cylinders are driven by a silent step motor, which is fixed at 250 (USP Method II) or 300 (USP Method I) taps per minute.
The TAP-2S tap density tester may be purchased to perform either USP method I or USP method II on either platforms or an optional combination of the two methods on a single unit.
- Dual platform for simultaneous analysis of USP methods I and II
- Interchangeable for 100ml or 250ml glass cylinders
- Microprocessor controlled
- Easy-to-use input keypad
- Simultaneous tapping and rotary motion
- Select between tap counting or timing mode
- Easy modification for both stations for USP method I or II test