The PTC-5 particle counter available from A.L.P.E operates based on the principal of light obscuration. The particle counter is used to count and size the insoluble particles in injectable solutions as well as fluids used for cleaning medical devices and precision parts.
The particle counter sampling system uses a syringe pump to transfer sample fluid from the sample container through the sensor to a volume-measuring syringe.
At the completion of a sample run, fluid accumulated is automatically pumped through a drain tube connected at the rear of the particle counter to a user provided waste receptacle.
The PTC-5 particle counter offers reliable and repeatable results and meets USP<788>, BP, and CP requirement.
Particle counter features:
- Syringe pump makes sampling accurate and reliable
- The uniquely designed magnetic stirrer provides a simple way of keeping particles in suspension
- Highly sensitive laser diode sensor ensures the veracity of the data
- 5.7” LCD touch screen with user-friendly menu prompts. A keyboard can also be used.
- Self-diagnostic test is performed when the unit is turned on and a status report is displayed on the LCD screen
- Built-in printer
- RS-232 interface to connect to a computer