Intoximeters Inc.’s Alco-Sensor line of handheld breathalyser products continues to set the standard for law enforcement and workplace portable breath alcohol detection.
The Alco-Sensor line of breathalyzer products offers instruments for both screening applications and applications where gathering court accepted evidence is required.
The Alco-Sensor IV with memory is an automated hand-held evidential breathalyser analyzer. The Alco-Sensor IV with memory follows a program driven test procedure. Each function is displayed which provides the operator with step-by-step instructions.
How it works:
The breathalyser utilizes an electrochemical sensor (fuel cell) to quantify alcohol in the provided sample. The fuel cell is a porous disk with a thin layer of platinum black on both faces.
The disk is saturated with an electrolyte and mounted in a valve assembly that is designed to draw a fixed volume sample across the surface of the fuel cell. When a subject's breath sample is drawn across the top surface of the cell, any alcohol that comes in contact with the cell's surface is broken down chemically.
For each molecule of alcohol that is broken down a given number of electrons are freed during the process. The number of electrons generated is in proportion to the amount of alcohol in the sample.
By measuring the number of electrons (the resulting electrical signal) a digital BrAC (Breath Alcohol Concentration) is calculated and reported.
Features and benefits:
- Evidential accuracy-Can interface with serial printer
- Easy to operate-Test result and summary printouts
- Quick response time-PC interface allows archiving records
- Menu driven test procedure-Integration fuel cell process (Patented)
- Automatic sampling-Breath volume measurement (Patented)
- Last test recall-Breath sampling indicator
- Stored Test Memory-Powered by 9v alkaline battery (500 tests)
- Portable-Battery strength indicator
- LED display for easy viewing-Temperature checking
- On/Off activated by mouthpiece insertion-Automated calibration
- Auto eject mouthpiece-Over 40,000 Alco Sensor IV users
- One way mouthpiece-Durable
- Date/Time clock
- Printer attachment (Thermal or Impact)
- PC Interface
- Windows application available for data archiving and reporting
- Dry/Wet calibration
- Extended warranty service plan
- 1 Year Warranty
- Carrying case
- 25 Mouthpieces
- Calibration tool