The powerful Multiweigher 3000 weight data suite from A&D Australasia was recently implemented by a major tomato producer to capture the weights of tomato trusses growing in a new state-of-the-art glasshouse just north of Adelaide.
The glasshouse was already using several Dutch automated process systems.
Key requirements for A&D’s technical team for the weight data solution:
- To facilitate better weighing accuracy aligned with Australian Weights & Measures Guidelines
- To provide superior data capture intelligence compatible with the Dutch supplied equipment
- To provide local service and technical support
Highlights of A&D’s weight data solution:
- Replacement indicators (A&D’s FSi-DD models) were installed to the pre-pack lines and truss production lines
- Indicators were fitted with wireless serial data servers to transmit data via the company’s wireless network to a designated PC
- System was integrated seamlessly with the existing loadcells to minimise physical disruption
- Software allows the customer to accurately monitor tomato truss production lines ensuring better measurement control of production
- Allows capture of all weights from the newly implemented A&D scales and existing inline check weighers
- Optical counter at the end of the production lines cross-checks count data, validating production accuracy
- Reduced waste and minimised giveaways
- Improved cost savings/ profits
- Facility to monitor operator efficiencies